Monday, June 18, 2007

Value of the Self

There is some feeling circulating. It is about deserving.
De-serving
Not serving

Do I de-serve it?
I did not de-serve that.
I de-served that.

When we ask the question or make those statements, what do we really mean? What are we really asking? Meaning must be agreed upon before negotiations begin.

How do we know what we de-serve and don't de-serve? It can be based on situation, circumstance, but most importantly, on value. Value of the self. Self-worth.
Placing value on and within ourselves.
We often look to others to give us value and worth. But all they can really do is validate us on parity within their own value system. No one can give me self-worth and value. That I must give to myself. In order to accept the validating judgement of another, I must first validate myself.
self validate
self value
self worth
self acceptance
self approval

When I have given to my self these things and acknowledge them within and for myself, then this is what others will see and give to me freely. Since I have given these values and traits to myself first, there is no reason for me to self-depreciate when given these things by others.
It is in the act of self-depreciation that we take away the value of our worth and bankrupt our selves, our souls.
Re-written: It is in the act of self depreciation that I take away my self value and self worth. And when done enough times, I end up bankrupting my self and my soul.

Re-value
After bankrupting myself, I need to find a way to re-value myself. This is called Re-evaluation. Finding what it is inside myself that gives me value. When I find what gives me value, then I re-value myself. Once I re-value myself, my self-worth increases. It is from this increase in self-worth that my value to others can be found. Through my many skills, talents, technical and creative processes, I have substantial worth and value. This worth and value can be purchased by others to increase their value and worth.

No comments: